The Production Residency programme recognizes the challenges facing dance-makers in Ireland in bringing work from research to presentation stages. The programme offers opportunities in the year to companies/dance artists who wish to avail of Firkin Crane’s technical resources and studio space to produce and premiere new works in our theatre.
WHAT FIRKIN CRANE PROVIDES
- Studio space for one week (residency times will depend on availability of studio space at Firkin Crane, between Monday and Friday within the working hours of 10am and 5pm)
- Access to the theatre for one week and full technical resources for the performance space (details available on request). Where the theatre is not available we will endevour to offer another studio for that time.
- Accommodation for two people in Jack Lynch House for two weeks or the duration of the residency (this is subject to availabilty and possible minimal cost dependent on the financial structure of visit agreed with Firkin Crane).
- Access to administrative facilities (ie printer, internet and telephone).
- Access to a wide range of audio-visual equipment (training provided where necessary) as well as the usual stage technical equipment (specifications available on request)
- Where required, time with Firkin Crane’s technical staff.Consultancy with management regarding areas of logistical, practical and/or creative solutions.
At all times Firkin Crane will work in partnership with the dance artist/company to ensure maximum mutual benefit for the performance.
- SELECTION CRITERIA
Firkin Crane will support artists/companies that:
- Welcome a consultative or collaborative engagement with Firkin Crane
- Engage in an evaluation element for self analysis and resource feedback to Firkin Crane for its continuing development.
- Produce and premiere new work at Firkin Crane.
Proposals will be taken throughout the year.
All proposals need to be submitted in writing and should include:
- Contact details (including email) for the artist/company
- Information on the dance artist/company
- Information on any accompanying activities eg specialised workshops, masterclass, etc
Online link to sample of the proposed work to be produced, or sample of previous works in progress
Should you have any questions please contact Andrea Stapleton.
Tel: 00 353 (21) 4507487
Wunderbar Laura Murphy and Rob Heaslip (2014)