Performing Arts - Dance: National Certificate - FETAC (NCVA) Level 5
28 Aug 2012 -
10.00Tickets: € Final auditions for the one year full-time (with option of second year), the Coláiste Stiofáin Naofa Diploma is the first step to a fascinating and rewarding career in dance.
• Modern Jazz Dance Technique
• Dance History
• Production/Media Skills
• Administration/Communication Skills
• Performance Skills
The course is based at the Firkin Crane, Ireland’s premier dance facility, where you will have the opportunity to work with a wide range of international dance companies and choreographers.
In March 1998 the Arts Council of Ireland published a comprehensive study on vocational dance training in Ireland.
The Coláiste Stiofáin Naofa, PLC Course at the Firkin Crane was described by the authors of the report in the following terms -
“Few institutions have strong links with the profession, a clear rational supporting course development and a structural course that values educational elements of the training process. Only the course at the Firkin Crane currently has these essential elements in place”.
Leaving Certificate standard. A high degree of motivation and a passionate interest in dance. Entry to the course is by audition and interview.
• National Certificate - FETAC (NCVA) Level 5 in Performing Arts - Dance (NCVA award code:EPAXX)
• Imperial Society of Teachers of Dance (I.S.T.D.): Ballet, Modern Dance, Tap Dance, Anatomy & Physiology
PAST GRADUATES INCLUDE:
• Jane Kellaghan; Choreographer - Cork City Ballet
• Edward Neary; Chicago, West Side Story - West End, London
• Avril Murphy; National Youth Dance Company - London
• Darragh O’Leary; Fame - West End, London
• Keith Walsh; Director Riverside Dance Studios, Wexford
• Sarah Gash, Chloe de Buyl,
• Ursula Chapman, Dancers - Cork City Ballet
• Robert Foley; Cats, Saturday Night Fever - West End, London
COURSE DIRECTOR - Alan Foley
Apply on line at http://www.csn.ie or phone 021-496 1020 for more information.