Remedy Massage welcomes members of the public and dancers alike, in a professional and friendly environment, addressing pain management, unresolved aches and pains, muscle release and deep relaxation. Suitable for acute and chronic pain and general wellbeing. Our experienced therapist is a certified sports injury therapist and a qualified neuromuscular physical therapist, and proficient in both therapeutic and sports/remedial massage and advanced manual therapy
Practice Hours: Wednesday – Friday 10am to 8pm including lunchtime, Saturdays by arrangement.
Mobile Massage: Cork area – daytime, evenings, weekends
Location: Firkin Crane, Shandon, Cork
The advantages to the Firkin Crane and the local dance community of having a dedicated treatment facility on-site include:
– On-site convenience for any dancer working at Firkin Crane. This is particularly helpful to visitors or guests who may not have local information about facilities or services, nor time to look up and explore.
– Available during the open hours of Firkin Crane including evenings and weekends.
– Flexible hours to suit a dancer’s schedule.
– A therapist who listens to the aims of a dancer and someone who understands that a dancer’s physical demands begin where most other people’s end.
– A therapist with a skill set complementary to the assessment and treatment of dance-related injury, complaint or shortfall.
– An available resource for all aspects of dance health and wellbeing, offering free advice, opinion and feedback.
– For all students of dance – filling in a vital role in their learning experience by being available as a resource for free, on diverse topics of practical wellness relevant to dance, from anatomy to better movement.
– For anyone with private health insurance, part of the treatment costs may be covered for massage therapy or physical therapy.
Remedy Massage was established at Firkin Crane in 2010 by Staś Bernasiński. He holds distinctions in Therapeutic and Advanced Massage from the Natural Healing Centre in Cork, he is a certified sports injury therapist and a qualified Neuromuscular Therapist (NMT). Continuing professional development keeps his thirst and knowledge for bodywork prime and has taken him to many fascinating seminars, workshops and courses including Advanced Orthopaedic Massage, NeuroKinetic Therapy®, Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilisation and more. He is a fully accredited member of the Irish Massage Therapists Association (IMTA) and the Association of Neuromuscular Physical Therapists (ANMPT).